How to Apply to be an Uber Driver in Nigeria

How to Apply to be an Uber Driver in Nigeria

How to apply to be an Uber Driver in Nigeria – Urban transportation has undoubtedly emerged, unquestionably necessitated by rural-to-urban migration, but it has also served as a key indicator over time for greener pastures.

While the rural few strive for a better way of life through work, the overall result is a densely populated urban settlement where everyone competes for transportation. The transportation system of Lagos state, where a marmot crowd struggles to access available buses, provides empirical evidence for this assertion.

The theory here is that wherever there is a problem, there is an underlying opportunity. Given this, many jobless young Nigerians have expressed interest in working for Uber. Money has been made, is being made, and will continue to be made in this industry.

If you’ve landed on this page, you’re probably interested in learning how to become an Uber driver in earnest. If so, you’ll be happy to know that everything from the application process to earning tips for new drivers is covered here.

The great thing about Uber is that it allows you to be your own boss; you can even become a driver without owning a car.

Qualifications for becoming an Uber driver

  • At this point, you need to realize that these requirements can change depending on the state in which you’re operating, but they’re essentially the same no matter where you are.
  • A valid Nigerian driver’s license is required.
  • You should have gone through a safety check. Watch a short training video to better understand the business process. You must be at least 21 years old.
See also  How To Link Your BVN To Your Gtbank Account

Uber services necessitate the use of a vehicle.

Uber has a distinct set of characteristics that a suitable vehicle should have. As a result, in order to pass the eligibility test, your vehicle should have the following features.

  • Four large doors for easy entry and exit.
  • The air conditioning system should be of the highest quality.
  • Your car should have a working radio.

Aside from these features, Uber expects your vehicle to be a Model from the year 2000 or newer.

  • Vehicle documentation is required.
  • A vehicle inspection report is required.
  • Vehicle insurance is required.
  • Certificate of roadworthiness and
  • A current Hackney permit

How to Begin with Uber Registration

After you’ve met the prerequisites, you can begin the process of activating your Uber partner account.

  • Keep an email account and a smartphone handy for when your registration officially begins.
  • Register now (fill in the form accurately with the required details).
  • You must upload the necessary documents (valid driver’s license, driver profile photo, safety screening, and virtual info session, and valid LASDRI for Lagos drivers).

After you’ve ensured that your vehicle meets the minimum requirements, it should also be in excellent working order.

The final step is to activate your account and begin earning money.

Facts about driving for Uber in Nigeria

  • According to the compensation plan, Uber drivers receive 75% of the fare, while Uber receives the remaining 25%.
  • Payment is typically disbursed weekly; under this provision, you will receive a report detailing your activity for the week in question as well as the amount you are due to collect as of Thursday.
  • As an Uber driver, you can earn between N30k and N100k per week.
  • Because you will be driving a lot, you will need a car that saves fuel, such as a Corolla, Kia, or Hyundai.
  • If you drive alone, you can pay for a N2m car in a few months; however, you may have to wait up to 20 months to finish the payment when you hand over the car to a driver.
See also  Guide to Using the Access Bank USSD Code for Making Transfers, Recharging and More

Contact Uber customer service at

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply